1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 sweet onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons red curry paste
4 cups veggie broth
1/4 cup raw almond butter
3 cups diced + peeled carrots
3 cups diced + peeled sweet potatoes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt + pepper to taste
1) In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
2) Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
3) Stir in the curry paste.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together some of the broth with the almond butter until smooth. Add the mixture to the pot, along with the remaining broth, carrots, sweet potatoes, salt and cayenne. Stir until combined.
5) Bring the soup to a low boil over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
6) Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot. Top with optional toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe from Oh She Glows