2 cans of chickpeas
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup panko
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt + pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Place the panko on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
3) Pulse the oats in a food processor until a fine flour is formed. Transfer to a bowl.
4) Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Pulse chickpeas and spices in food processor until crumbly.
5) Whisk 1/2 cup of the chickpea liquid in a small bowl until a foamy liquid forms. Add the foamy liquid and 1 cup of oat flour into food processor. Pulse until combined.
6) Add a few pinches of salt to the toasted panko.
7) Form roughly 24 nuggets out of dough. Coat in the toasted panko/ salt mixture and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
8) Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy. Serve warm with Sir Kensington’s ranch + ketchup.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn