Mushroom Noodle Soup
On particularly frigid days, or when we're fighting off the flu (or both), it is easy to crave the warm, nostalgic feeling that a bowl of chicken noodle soup can give you. Most people would simply grab the of Campbell's that's been resting in the depths of their pantry for an untold amount of time (does canned soup even have an expiration date?). But here's the thing. You're not most people.
This recipe is for those who want a little something more in wintertime. A little more health, a little more flavor, and that oh-so-good feeling you get when you cook something from scratch. And the best part? This soup checks all three of those boxes.
Healthy. Delicious. Satisfying.
What else could you ask for?
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 sleeve asian noodles (udon, soba, lo mein, ramen, up to you!)
- 1 32 oz carton veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced