Tofu + Veggie Green Tacos
I am always looking for unique ways to pack myself with green vegetables. I love my leafy greens like swiss chard, kale of all varieties and spinach. While these three get much deserved praise for the nutritional punch they provide, it is easy to forget just how amazing good ole romaine lettuce can be. Its always there when you need it, perfectly crisp, and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
With that in mind, I put together a dish that can be described as a close cousin to lettuce wraps. Meet the 'Green Taco'. Romaine's length makes it the perfect vessel to stuff with goodies and wrap-up nice and tight as you would any old taco. And like a hard-shell, romaine brings an awesome crunch to your bite! Check out the recipe below!
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 block tofu, pressed and cubed
- 12 romaine leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon harissa (or any chili paste)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water