Veggie Mason Jar Ramen
Noodles for lunch are the ideal! Something about warm desk lunches make them infinitely better than boring, cold salads. As an avid mason jar lover, I have jumped on the 'Mason Jar Ramen' train and created a vegan option!
Just because this ramen is vegan doesn't mean it lacks the umami flavor. I created a bouillon spice mix that incorporates nutritional yeast with other seasonings to pack a punch!
makes 2 24 oz jar's worth
1 pack of ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded
1 portobello mushroom, chopped
1/2 cup of brussel sprouts, halved
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp avocado oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 T salt
2 tsp sugar
1 T garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1) Steam brussel sprouts for 8 minutes.
2) Mix bouillon mixture by combining the salt, ginger, garlic powder, sugar, and nutritional yeast.
3) Par boil the noodles for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4) Saute brussel sprouts in a saute pan with avocado oil for 5-8 minutes or until brussel sprouts get slightly browned.
5) Prep the mason jar by spooning in 2 teaspoons of bouillon mixture, then layer the mushrooms, carrots, and cooled brussel sprouts, and noodles.
6) When ready to eat, pour boiling water over the contents of the jar and close lid. Let steep for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!